Pages

Friday 5 April 2019

Kahawai

Discussion Doc
Kahawai

Walt: use what we already know to make meaning within a story.       

Task
Work on this Doc together with a buddy, or in a group of 3.

When do you think this story takes place? I.e. If in the future, how many years into the future?

I think this takes place in Auckland in 2006 

Is this the first time Āreta and Trish have taken the boat out fishing. Yes/ No


How do you know?
Cause in the book it says and sounds like they have been 
In the boat siveral times. And their going to go back out in 
Sea very soon. 

What do you think the author means by regular people when he says “...back when regular people could still get petrol.”?
I think that the author said Regular people and named
 That. because I think he meant the olden day people. 

In this story, what exactly does the Forest refer to?
The forest is where all of the water in the polluted sea is. 

Where is this story set do you think?
I think the story is held in Auckland and how I know that is because I saw the sky city tower in the background. 

What are the clues that tell you this?
The clues that tell me what is happening is mainly the words that describe things. 

Why is Grandma Trish so excited to find a Kahawai again. What has happened to them?
I think that she is so excited on finding the kahawai fish again because their might be a lot more if there is one kahawai fish then their is going to be a lot more coming on it’s way. 

Explain why you think this.
I think this in a different way that other people do buy reading the book two or three times and when I get some interesting words coming in my brain I use those words to answer all of the answers like right now. 

Why do Trish and Āreta let the Kahawai go back into the water?
Because when one kahawai fish comes then a lot more will be their when they come back to the ocean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - Precious would love you to leave her a comment on this post. If you know how to do this, go right ahead. If you would like some help, watch this video