Pages

Friday 11 January 2019

DAY 4: Making Promises

DAY 4: Making Promises


Activity 1: Campaigning for Conservation
New Zealand is home to so many beautiful, unique and, sometimes, endangered animals and habitats. The Forest & Bird organisation is working really hard to protect vulnerable animals and places in NZ. They are doing everything that they can to raise money and to raise awareness so that everyone knows about these issues. These are called ‘campaigns.’ Check out the Forest & Bird campaigns site to learn more about them.
Imagine, that you have been hired by Forest & Bird New Zealand to work on one of their campaigns. It is your job to come up with a catchy slogan for the campaign. A slogan is a short phrase or sentence that is used to advertise something. Check out examples of common slogans and logos below.


    
For this activity I think that if I had a choice to choose one of these logos it would probably have to be i'm lovin' it by Mac Donald because on billionaires or rich people by like just do it Nike and a lot of people love mac Donald. Mac D can be expensive but some people just like to enjoy their time their cause they got some piece and quite in Mac D sometimes but I going their and that is why I choose The Mac D logo.



Activity 2: The Plastic Pledge

Over the past few decades some of New Zealand’s beaches have become dumping grounds for waste and rubbish. Almost 80% of this waste is made up of plastic items. Yikes!
Some companies in New Zealand have heard about the problem and agreed to cut down on their use of plastic. Countdown supermarkets, for example, have announced that they will stop giving out plastic bags to customers.  What do you think of this idea? What do your friends and family think? Is it a good idea or not?
For this activity, please ask one member of your family and/or a friend what they think about Countdown’s decision to go ‘plastic bag free.’

For this activity I would say yes they have choosen a really desestion on banding plastic bags and that is so good that they did cause many sea animals are dieing because we are chucking our plastic bags into the ocean and I hope they band plastic bags for long.




Activity 3: Restricted Access
While much of our programme has focused on New Zealand, it is important that we also consider the environment in other places as well. One of the most unusual and spectacular sites to visit outside of New Zealand is called Machu Picchu. It is an ancient city that was built high up in the mountains in the country of Peru in South America. You have to take a train and/or walk through a series of mountains and valleys to reach it.
    

Over the past few decades millions of tourists have made the trek to Machu Picchu. Unfortunately, this has damaged the area and the local government has decided to restrict the number of visitors to the site each year. This decision has upset a lot of tourists who really want to see Machu Picchu but aren’t allowed to go.

I think the goverment made a wrong desestion on making like little amount of people just to enjoy their day so I think the goverment should change their desistion and make a good desistion for everybody to have a awesome great day.

THE END:

5 comments:

  1. Hi Precious,

    Well done on making through all the activities for the Summer Learning Journey! You are such a hard worker - you should be very proud of yourself.

    For Activity 1, can you write a slogan for Forest and Bird? Have a look at their website to see what they do, and then come up with an awesome slogan for them.

    You're absolutely right about many sea animals dying from plastic bags. I agree with you, I think it is a good decision to ban plastic bags. Do you have any of the reusable bags at home? I have collected a few of them now and I try to take them with me every time I go to the supermarket. (Sometimes it's hard to remember though!).

    I see that you think everybody should be able to visit Machu Picchu. Well, I did visit it many years ago and it was so spectacular. It would be mean of me to say that other people couldn't visit it now, but I do think people need to really look after it. Maybe they could say you have to take all your rubbish away with you? Or maybe some of the money that tourists pay to visit Machu Picchu goes towards maintain and restoring it? What do you think?

    From Ms Nalder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Precious,

    Hopefully you are familiar with me now. But if not my name is Araura and I am from Wesley Primary School.

    First of all congratulations on your amazing post.

    I agree I also think the government made a wrong desicion to limit the amount of people able to visit Machu Picchu.

    I love all the descriptive words you have added.

    I think Countdowns made a good desicion banning plastic bags this way our sea animals can stay alive.

    Anyway keep up the good work.

    Blog you later Bye 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Precious, I would have to agree with you on activity 1, billionaires does put money on Macdonald and it is enjoyable,
    for activity 2 I agree countdown made the right decisions for choosing plastic bags because they are a threat to the earth planet,
    and for activity 3 you agreed that the government made the wrong decisions,
    you put so many hard work into your summer learning journey activities.
    Why do you think that the government made the wrong decision?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings Precious!
    I have decided to comment on your blog again! My favorite shoe brand is Nike! My favorite food is Cookies. What is your favorite smoothie? My favorite smoothie is Strawberry! I hope I see comments on your blog. I do the same thing you do on your blog, of blogging all 3 activities from that day.

    Keep it up Precious!
    Talk to you soon,
    By Chavda

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Precious would love you to leave her a comment on this post. If you know how to do this, go right ahead. If you would like some help, watch this video