Pages

Saturday 12 January 2019

Day 5

DAY 5: The Sky’s the Limit!


Activity 1: Environment Day - Beat Plastic Pollution
Every year we celebrate World Environment Day in June. On World Environment Day we do what we can to protect our planet. This year the focus is on reducing the use of plastic bags and water bottles. Watch this Environment Day video to learn more about it!
What could you and your family do to protect the planet?
I think me and my family can help our earth mother by picking up all the rubbish so our oceans don't get polluted. This is why we should help and save our cool environment ..................

Activity 2: Adoption Day

Not only can you help the planet by reducing, reusing and recycling, you can also help to save animals and plants by ‘adopting’ them. To ‘adopt’ an animal through the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), you need to visit their adopt a species page, read through the list of animals and choose one.
With the WWF, you don’t actually adopt the animal and bring it home! It’s a symbolic adoption. In this case you pay a fee ($55.00) and the money is used to provide food and care for your chosen animal. Visit the WWF site and take a look at the animals who are available for adoption. Choose your ‘top three’ animals from the website.
My three animals are:
A lion cub :
A horse :
And a rabbit :

Activity 3: Concluding the Journey
Sadly, the Summer Learning Journey has now come to an end. It is time to reflect on everything that you have learned about the environment and, particularly, about how you can protect and preserve it.




  1. What is one thing that you learned from participating in the Summer Learning Journey programme this year?
  2. What is one thing that surprised you?
  3. What is one thing that concerned or upset you?
  4. What is one thing that you (or your family) can do, moving forward, to help protect our natural environment?
Answers:

1. I've learnt more of my reading writing and maths and how I can make progress.

2. That there were maths in it.

3. that I had to type a lot of writing.

4. By picking up the rubbish.



  THE END:



6 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Precious,

    Congratulations on finishing the Summer Learning Journey for 2018-2019. What a huge accomplishment! I hope that you are really proud of what you have achieved. We are definitely proud of you!

    We are also happy to read that learned how to make more progress in your work. That is a great skill to develop and it will set you up in a great position to continue your learning over the coming year. Are you looking forward to going back to school? Before you start back, please consider staying with the Summer Learning Journey and earning some more points by posting quality comments on the blogs of other students who have yet to finish the programme. You can earn 2 points for every high quality comment that you post!

    Hope to see you online, when you are able, over the next few weeks commenting on student's blogs.

    Warm regards,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Precious,

    Well done for finishing the Summer Learning Journey! I can tell that you have put a lot of time and effort into your posts - ka pai.

    I can't seem to find your answer to activity one. What are some things that you and your family do to help the environment?

    I also think that you may have accidentally included the link to the slideshow from a different activity for the second activity. It looks like this is the slideshow of animals you would save from extinction. Could you please edit your post to tell us about the animals you would 'adopt' from the WWF website?

    Congratulations again, and I look forward to awarding you full points for these two activities soon.

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Precious, Well done for finishing the Summer Learning Journey, you've put so much progress into your activities as I read your activity 2 I love Lions because my family always says that I have a lion hair. Once again I hope you had the best holiday ever.

    Talk to you later

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Precious

    My name is Araura and I am from Wesley Primary School.

    Well first of all congratulations on finishing the Summer Learning Journey.

    I really like how you put most of your work in this new post.

    That's a good idea we can pick up rubish so our oceans don't get polluted along with the air.

    I wish you could of added a bit much re detail.

    Anyways keep up the amazing work.

    Blog you later Bye 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings Precious!
    Congratulations on finishing the summer learning journey activities! I have 260 comments so far and I have finished the activities for the summer learning journey! I was the first person in my school to finish the summer learning journey! You write a lot of detail to your blurbs. Your background is very colorful.

    Keep it up!
    By Chavda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Precious,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey program.

    I see that your idea about how to help our planet remain healthy is to pick up rubbish. I agree with you that this is an important choice!! Dealing with our rubbish is a huge issue for us, as humans. Hopefully we'll produce less rubbish in the future, but in the meanwhile we have to make sure that our rubbish is in the best place possible, the dump.

    This activity asked for 3 ways that you could help the planet. Can you think of 2 more things you could do? For full points you would need to add a little bit more to this posting.

    However, I'm glad you're part of this program and I think you've worked very hard!!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Precious would love you to leave her a comment on this post. If you know how to do this, go right ahead. If you would like some help, watch this video