Pages

Monday 7 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey DAY 2 WK 4

DAY 2: Protecting Our Own


Activity 1: A Flying Fox


New Zealand has some of the most beautiful forests in the world. Both New Zealanders and tourists, alike, enjoy walking through these forests. Unfortunately, constantly walking through forests can damage the plants and animals (flora and fauna) that live there. In an attempt to protect the local flora and fauna, an eco-tourism company in Rotorua came up with an idea. The Rotorua Canopy Tours Company designed a series of ziplines that sit above the forest canopy (top). People can ‘zip’ from one section of the forest to another, looking down on the beautiful natural areas below. To see what ziplining looks like, check out this video.I have tried ziplining and I really enjoyed it, however, I must admit that I was pretty scared to try it at first. How would you feel if you had the chance to go ziplining in Rotorua?
If I had a opportunity to go ziplining in Rotorua I would say (YES) one thing is because I would really like to visit my mums family cause that is where my mu is from and second of all is because. Ziplining Is one of the things I have dreamed in my whole entire life to do and if they offered me to Rotorua and would say a big, massive, fat, (yes) cause this is just a great opportunity for me to go on I love Rotorua and I love Ziplining I would even tell my friends to come to. 

Activity 2: A Protective Plant
There are concerns about the water quality of some of the rivers, streams and oceans in and around New Zealand. Some people have suggested that we plant flowers and plants on the banks of our most polluted rivers to stop the spread of the pollution. Apparently, the plants can act as filters, absorbing some of the chemicals (pollutants) that are moving across the land, on their way to the river.
Planting can be a lot of fun! Have you ever planted a garden? Aronui and I are going to make our very own edible garden this year. We are going to plant a number of veggies, fruits and herbs, including mint, coriander, parsley, lemongrass, onions, tomatoes, beans, zucchinis, kumara and strawberries. Yum! If you could plant an edible garden what would you plant in it?






Activity 3: A House is Not a Home

New Zealand is home to some unique wildlife that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. While we work very hard to protect our natural habitats so, too, do people living and working in other countries. One of the oldest international wildlife conservation organisations is called ‘Fauna & Flora International’ (FFI). They support a number of projects around the world, including those working to protect Lansan trees in the Caribbean, fruit forests in Tajikistan, and national reserves in Mozambique. Read about each of these projects and choose the one that interests you the most.

My Most favourite and Interesting video I liked to watch was ( cannot be found anywhere else )
if I was there I would of had so much fun cause everyone that went there looked like they were having like so much fun ziplining From the start to the end. They were like ziplining over tress and a lot of other places this is my favourite one and it was so interesting what the person was saying in that background.
THE END:






2 comments:

  1. Hello Precious

    My name is Daniel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey program. Well done on completing day two of the fourth week. I would also like to go ziplining in Rotorua - just by looking at that photo I can tell that it would be great fun. Keep up the amazing work Precious - I hope to see more activities soon!

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Precious,

    It's me again Araura from Wesley Primary School.

    I love all the Fruits,Vegetables and spices you have chosen to grow in your garden.

    What do you like better Fruit or Vegetables. I'm guessing vegetables because you only listed one fruit.

    Anyway keep up the good work.

    Blog you later Bye 😀

    First of all congratulations on your amazing post.

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Precious would love you to leave her a comment on this post. If you know how to do this, go right ahead. If you would like some help, watch this video