Pages

Thursday 27 December 2018

DAY 2

Activity 1: Weaving a Tall Tale…
There is a long history in New Zealand of collecting natural plants, including flax (harakeke), and using them to create cloaks, baskets (kete), mats, traps and ropes. Flax weaving is an art form. It can take years for people to perfect the art of weaving. Have you ever tried it?
For this activity, you are asked to watch a short video of someone weaving a fish (ika) out of flax.
If I had a choice to flax weaving and if I wanted to or not I would say yes I would like to flax weave cause 1 it's apart of my Maori caulture and secound of all is bacause I think weaving a bag and putting lollies in it would be a awesome gift for my BFF.



Activity 2: Mighty Mangroves
Here in New Zealand we have a native tree called a Kiwi Mangrove. Kiwi Mangroves grow in shallow water (harbours). The largest mangrove or manawa forests in New Zealand are located in Northland and in Auckland. According to many environmental experts, they are one of the toughest and strongest trees in the world because they can survive in really harsh (difficult) conditions.
For this activity you are asked to think of someone who is very tough and strong. They can be someone who you know personally or they can be a character that you have read about in a book, seen in a movie, or on a television show.
The person that I chose that is in my life is called Jayah my first Best Friend. She is Strong and tough and a little bit of my opinion. She is my Best friend cause when I sometimes get caught into fights she always has my back we somnetimes have fight with eachother back we still get along and we fix things up bettween us straight away. She kind shes helpful most of the time she's a good friend to me.


Activity 3: Stranger than Fiction [10 points + 5 possible points]
Here on earth there are more than 298 000 different kinds (species) of plants. Some of these plants live on land and some live in the water. Follow this link to read about 10 of the strangest plant species in the world. When you are finished, choose two of the plants from the list.








for the first one that I chose witch is the red one is pretty cool.
This plant for me is similar to a muchroom and a pot in the middle and the colour is a darkish lightish colour that matchese this Beautiful plant.
for the secound one with is the beautiful yellow and white flower is also pretty cool.
This plant is similar to a bright sun flower it has that nice with coulour on the outsides of it. And it also has this lovely yellowy bright colour in the middle of this beauty flower.

                                                                                THANK YOU:




1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Precious,

    I would love to have a go at flax weaving. I think Whaea Saf used to do it sometimes. She is really clever. Do your mum or nana weave flax? I think that's a great idea to weave a kete for lollies to give to your BFF. Is that Jayah May?

    I'm pleased to hear you have such a good friend. I hope you don't fight too often. It's so important that we are kind so that people feel safe and happy around us. Do you play together at lunchtime? What do you like to do?

    For Activity 3, are you able to click on the website which tells you about strange plants? If you can, choose 2 from there and tell us three things that are the same between them, and three things that are different. Don't forget to post a photo of each of them!

    From Ms Nalder

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Precious would love you to leave her a comment on this post. If you know how to do this, go right ahead. If you would like some help, watch this video