Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Weird and Wonderful

MATHS:













Every year there is a cactus in a desert and you could only find a cactus in a weird type of desert. for maths I am trying to solve a maths problem that includes a cactus did you know
that a cactus can stay alive if it only drinks 3 millilitres a day I have to try and figer out if a cactus can only drink' that much water a day then how much would it be if it drank 3 millilitres of water for a whole intire year. now if i hade to answer a question like that I would
solve it like this?

3 milliliters 365 x 3 = ? So there is 365 day in one whole intire year so
I will times it 3 times because 3ml of water a
FOR A WHOLE YEAR? day and there are 365 days in a yer so I would
go like this 3ml x 365 = ? and then I would figer
3ml x 1 year = ? it out and i would try and solve the question and
then I would have the answer.


ANSWER
   1095

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Precious,
    Me again! :0)
    I love Maths specially the "working out" part because it shows that no problem is too big when you can break it down in small steps right?!!You gave us a lot of context and I like how you explained each step in detail. For the future make sure to add the full answer to your final number which in this case would be something like "In a full year I will give the cactus 1095 ml of water".
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Precious would love you to leave her a comment on this post. If you know how to do this, go right ahead. If you would like some help, watch this video