Pages

Thursday 27 December 2018

Day 3

Activity 1: Night Owls [4 points]
Here in New Zealand we have many amazing and unique sea creatures, including penguins. The blue penguin, or kororā, is particularly special because it is the smallest penguin in the entire world! Blue penguins are typically found on the east coast of the South Island in places like Oamaru but they can be hard to spot as they rarely leave the water. If they do come onto land it is usually at night, when most of us are sound asleep! That’s because they are nocturnal. Not all of us, however, sleep all night. In fact, some people love to stay awake late into the evening. People who like to stay up late are called ‘night owls.’ Are you a night owl or are you an early riser, like me? I typically wake up every day around 6:00 a.m. and jump out of bed, ready to start the day!
I would say that I am a eairly riser person cause I just like waking up eairly in the morning because I want to eat the mac donalds and also because I always wake up eairly. I reacken my family is also a eairly riser besides my baby brother he cryies at night when everyone is still sleeping.

Activity 2: A Local Delicacy [4 points]
Whitebait is a very special fish in New Zealand. It is rumoured (believed) to be a very delicious fish. Some restaurants in New Zealand make dishes that feature whitebait, including whitebait fritters. Have you ever tried whitebait fritters? They are a favourite dish of many of my friends. I, personally, prefer foods from places like Mexico and Italy. Pizza and nachos are two of my all-time favourite foods! In fact, I often make homemade pizza with Aronui on Friday nights using the same ingredients (pizza base, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, red onion, basil and feta cheese) each time.For this activity, please choose a favourite food and find a recipe for it.
This is the resipy for my favourite food pizza I love the chessey taste of the pizza and I just like eating the delicous taste of pizza yay.
The ingredients for my famouse pizza is:
Dough
cheese
Tamato sauce
flour
mozzarella
pepperoni
yeast
Crushed red pepper
Artichoke
Cauliflower
Jalapeño
Blue cheese
pineapple
Ranch dressing
Garlic salt

Activity 3: The Midnight Zone [10 points]

One of these creatures is called the ‘Colossal Squid.’ A colossal squid can weigh as much as 495 kilograms (kg)! Here in New Zealand, we have a full sized colossal squid on display at
Te Papa Museum in Wellington. It is the only specimen of its kind in the entire world! This squid weighs approximately 500 kg. In 2018, a team at Te Papa decided to move the giant squid from one area of the museum to another. Deep in the ocean, far below the surface, lies an area called the ‘Midnight Zone.’ It is called the midnight zone because it is always dark or ‘pitch black’ in this area. Much of the deep sea has yet to be explored by humans, however, we do know a little bit about the creatures that live here.
Image result for midnight zone creatures    
Let’s imagine that the average adult can lift 25 kg and the average child can lift 15 kg. How many adults and children will it take to move the giant squid into its new room at Te Papa? [Note: There is more than one right answer to this question.]

So if a adult can carry a 25 kg sae life animal and that animal is only 500 kg and a child can only carry 15 kg then my first answer would be ?. And then my second answer would be ?. And the my third answer would be ?.

Answer Answer Answer
20 25 30


2 comments:

  1. Hi Precious,

    I'm an early riser too. I would rather get up early and not waste the day, than stay up late and have to sleep in. I get tired at night! I am an early riser also because I had to get up early to come to Pt England School because I lived quite far away, and now I have to get up early because my daughter Laila wakes me up!

    How old is your brother? Do you have McDonald's for breakfast?

    Your pizza sounds delicious! That's a lot of toppings! Do you have them all on the same pizza or just a few different ones on each pizza?

    Great working out for your maths - how did you solve this tricky question? How did you get three different answers?

    Congratulations on another great post!

    From Ms Nalder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms Nalder:

      I got a few answers for all of your Questions

      My Brother is only 1 years old but is turning 2 on April the second,
      And I only have McDonald's for breakfast when my mum and dad go by it in the morning when they get paid. I do all of the pizza topping on different pizzas Thank you for the comment and I hope to see you in 2019 @ PES

      Good bye for now but I hope to see you next time:

      From Precious

      Delete

Hi - Precious would love you to leave her a comment on this post. If you know how to do this, go right ahead. If you would like some help, watch this video